Friday, August 15, 2008

@ The Beijing Olympics



Day 1

After a small hiccup @ Logan (arriving at the airport as our flight took off), I find myself finally in Beijing after about 14 hours of travel. The flight was smooth and it certainly was an experience to fly over the Artic Ocean through Siberia to arrive in the city on, what I was told, a fantastically clear day. No smog.

My father and I hit the ground running, only having a few minutes to shower and unpack before meeting up with the rest of the AT&T crew in their "hospitality" suite. We all boarded a bus which took us to the Worker Stadium to watch Belgium's men's soccer eliminate Italy. From there, we headed home and called it a night; I was asleep at 10:00 pm local time after not sleeping for the past 36 hours.

Day 2

I've had a few minutes before I head out to breakfast to go over a few of the pictures I took yesterday. You can check them out
here. Look for more later as I'm headed out to Beach Volleyball, The Great Wall & More.

Day 3

I'm currently sitting at the desk in my hotel at 12:51 a.m, running through the photos from the yesterday. We're running at a full pace with not a lot of time in between to really sort through the images I've made since arriving at the Olympics. I'll try to get some posted within the next few hours, as I know a few people are interested in my view from the Far East. Hope this will tide you over:



I'll be updating the gallery shortly; hopefully I'll have some new images up before 2 p.m. (your time.)


Day 4

We're getting ready to head out to the Forbidden City on what looks (and feels) like to be the hottest day of our visit so far.

I've posted more photos here.

(continued Tuesday @ 11:24 p.m. )

After a full day, I'm back in my hotel room about to call it for the night after finishing up with being a guest of AT&T (what a great group of people!) for the Olympics. Tomorrow I head out on my own (sort of) with hopes of getting lost in the back Hutongs of Beijing to experience a little bit more of the grit that I have this city has hiding in the wings. Hopefully I can get some mud on my shoes and some great images after being wined & dined (not that there's anything run with that!) I'll post more pics shortly, but hopefully these will give you an idea of what I've been up to the past couple of hours...Again, the pictures from the trip (so far) are posted here.

Days 5 & 6

After another 12 hour flight back to the states, I'm back in New England, sitting in a comfortably cool coffee house on Cape Cod, reflecting on the last few days at the Olympic games and Beijing. It was certainly a view of two extremes; one of affluence and the other of those who live within limited means. The trip to China was certainly eye opening, despite the brief visit and the nature of the trip.

It'll take a few more days for me to decompress and process the images I've made.

Until then, I'm glad to be home.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Keep posting your pics, this is pretty awesome

August 16, 2008 at 7:34 PM  
Blogger RSPvideo said...

lookin' good! how was the flight? are you past your fear now?

August 17, 2008 at 12:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your photos are amazing...and to keep you in the loop, Mike and I got engaged!!! See you State-side.

August 19, 2008 at 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home