Sunday, April 13, 2008

"Nectars, you're in my shot."














Some people like to brag about the number of shows they've been to in order to see bands like Dave Matthews Band or U2 perform. My own brother has been to 16 + DMB shows the last time I checked.

While I'm not as dedicated to my favorite musicians as my brother or any number of people who will drive 3 hours away to catch a show, I do, however, enjoy a good time close to home:


This past Friday I made it down to Nectars on Main St in Burlington (a 15 minute walk from my apartment) to catch my friends Matt and John perform. Making up 2/3 of The Old Silver Band, I've seen them play probably 50 + times, ranging from high school talent shows (where John performed in the Ursuline favorite "Rug Scandal") to the Hamel Hall men's bathroom where Matt wrote and recorded "Mandoline" when we both lived next door to each other while attending Saint Mike's. I'll always try to catch an OSB show whenever possible, provided I do not have anything important scheduled in the morning as the band is one that loves it sponsors (Magic Hat sponsored Friday's show) and will make sure the crowd always has a drink in hand.

Here's a few of my shots (the non alcoholic kind) from Friday:












Before the Old Silver Band went on, I was able to check out "MO2" at Club Metronome (located upstairs from Nectars). The drum & bass band was from San Francisco and was pretty good, wish I could of stayed for more.
















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home